Cuándo/Dónde -- When/Where -- Wann/Wo

October -> Zu Hause/En casa/At Home

sábado, 16 de julio de 2011

La Paz - Tiwanaku

Today went to the old ruins of Tiwanaku, a precolombine civilization that collapsed 800 years ago...

Tiwanaku city nowadays:

Panorama of one of the sides of the pyramid at the ruins:

Typical head sculpture on the wall:

The famous sun gate, 48 chasquis (messengers) and 4 trumpeteers symbolizing the 52 weeks of the solar calendar:

The god Wiracocha at the gate:

I think I look old and tired:

Typical tiwanaku figure:

Workers labouring at the archeological site:
Will remain in La Paz still for some days, I am picking up ideas for my book...

3 comentarios:

  1. Vaya viajecito que te estas pegando crack, aunque no diga nada estoy siguiendo tu viaje siempre que puedo ;). Un abrazo!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You do not look tired and old... you just look like a traveler :)
    Hope you get there the Insipiration for your book... Eons passed since I wrote something :p

    Take Care

    Artur

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Gracias chicos,

    me acuerdo mucho de vosotros. No son los años Artur, son los kilómetros... ;)

    ResponderEliminar